Placing a Web Show on CD
Web shows can be created and placed on CD-ROMs, Zip drives,
floppy disks and other removable media using SlideShow. This allows you to create and distribute
shows to anyone with a web browser. Since the web show is self contained on the media
there is no need for the person viewing to have SlideShow or even a PC!
To create a stand-alone show to be placed on CD-ROM:
- Create, edit and test a show
using SlideShow. More info...
- Create a Web show from the SlideShow. More
- Copy the web show files to the CD-ROM.
- Place ALL the referenced files or images on the CD-ROM.
- Thats it! Your users can now start your show by simply selecting the
"start show" page on the CD-ROM.
You can also make a CD-ROM self booting by adding a configuration
file in the CD-ROM's boot directory.
The boot part the CD-ROM contains the following:
- autorun.inf file
The contents of the autorun.inf file are:
- [autorun] open=shlexec.exe
- strtshow.htm icon=Beagle.ico
Shlexec.exe is the program which calls the first part of web show
The show files include:
Beagle.ico is an optional icon file with the beagle software logo.
This icon replaces the drive image when the CD-ROM is visible on the desktop.
All these files must be installed in root directory of the CD-ROM and not in folders on the CD-ROM.
When the CD-ROM is inserted in the drive, the autorun file calls the shlexec file which begins the first file in the web show,
- Your show pages and/or images
Contact Beagle Software for sample files and more information about self-booting CD-ROMs.
SlideShow Product Index
SlideShow Main Page